Re: [OM] Digital darkroom

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital darkroom
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:03:32 +1000
What are the types of images that you found problematic?
Anybody used the Stair Interpolater or B&W Pro tools - those do appeal.
I'm hoping he'll do a centre grad filter routine - that would be useful.
AndrewF (back from the dentist)

I count the passing years with passing teeth,
Each molar ripped from quivering mandible
And offered up, bloodied and infected for inspection.
The dull pain it contains at last overpowers its value,
And fear of  final diet of soft and blanded pastes
And future ridicule of gap-toothed mumblings.

This hard autumn is but one of many.

Yes, he has been mentioned, perhaps while you were doggo from the list. I've found Intellisharp less useful than I thought at first, seems to depend a lot on the nature of the image, but still a useful tool to have in the bag. I think the reasonable prices are a good strategy. Encourage trying them out and discourage sharing, reselling, etc. because of limited profit.

Moose

andrew fildes wrote:

For those of you that use Photoshop - I'm surprised that I've never seen this site mentioned before -
http://www.fredmiranda.com/
Mr Miranda (now there's a guy who knows his rights!) has some very interesting PS plug-ins at very fair prices - mostly $8-20. Hit the 'Software' button on his home page. I just bought Intellisharp for the Mac off him for US$15 and I'm very impressed - easy to use and much better than the standard filters. He also has software for better interpolation when upscaling and for B&W conversion. And almost everything comes in Mac and PC versions! Now there's a novelty. I can see myself buying several.