Re: [OM] (OT?) art and photography

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT?) art and photography
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:19:42 -0400 (EDT)
Cc:
Our beach in a small bay and there are two lighthouses on each side.  The one I
like better, is in the sea, but you can walk close by when the tide is low.  My
wife asked me once what's up with me being obsessed with taking pictures of it,
coz for three years I have waisted about two rolls of film on it and granted
there are pictures she really likes.  I mumbled that have not taken the good
one yet, coz did not want to have this discussion.  May be I should just give
up and do it in Photoshop, although, Isabel is coming and might get more
interesting...
Speaking of the huricane...I want it to hit right where Fairfield (CT) is, to
get rid of the nasty jellyfish that came two a few days ago and gave birth to
their offsprings.  When I went to Saint Louis, my relatives told me that if I
do not start excercising again, I would get chunky, so I started and since the
ocean would not be warm for a long time, I try to swim as much as possible and
the day before yesterday while doing that I felt something, but saw nothing.
Then I stopped and saw millions of tiny dime-sized jellyfish in the area of one
cubic foot.  I had to go to a few hundred yards of this and then when I went
yesterday, their size was that of about a quarter and I felt their presence
almost the whole time (it takes between an hour and ten mins to an hour and a
half to swim back and forth across the whole bay).  I do not know what they are
feeding off, but this year the water is much clearer and colder and if they
grow like this I have the feeling that by the end of t!
he week, each one of them would be able to swallow me.   And speaking of cold
water, this is another source of aggravation...this year the sun did not not
show up much (no, we did not have a brake from the heat and humidity...) and
the water is colder than usual, which means that soon I will not be able to
swim...normally you can do this well into November here if you can withstand
the temperature out of the water, but this year I do not see the swimming
season to last more than a couple of weeks from now.  I guess this means that
we are going to have a cold, cold winter...
My point was after all this:
Wayne, you are a biased photographer.
Boris
P.S.  You can see that this morning my hair is up my butt, do you want me to
start to rant about pseudophotography, something that he refuses to accept also?