Re: [OM] New E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] New E-1
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:12:41 -0700
I believe someone posted a review of the Sigma SD9 showing very
pronounced aliasing ... looked like resolution beyond the Nyquist limit
but the number of lines in the image changed.

Although this link doesn't look as pronounced as the one I vaguely
remember it talks about it and shows it.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd9/page23.asp

Perhaps the Sigma has a better lens than the OM Zuikos, thus Olympus had
to improve theirs.

I hope it's more that Olympus wants to be ready for even better sensors
and the current technology makes it so they can build better yet cost
effective lenses, relying on a low pass filter to eliminate colorful
Moiré patterns.

-jeff