Re: [OM] ( OM) OT New & dangerous virus; header may be "Microsoft Intern

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM) OT New & dangerous virus; header may be "Microsoft Internet Update Pack"
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:32:53 -0700
I must live in a blessed internet backwater. No spam at all at this address since last night and only 10 of the usual subjects, no attachments, in the spam folder at my other, general address. I do appreciate the warnings and just updated my antivirus a couple of days before the auto update would have ocurred.

Moose

Joe Gwinn wrote:

In the last two days, I have received at least 100 copies of variations on this
virus.  Some had their executable stripped by an email server somewhere, but
most did not.  (Another virus came as I type.)  Formerly, I got two or three a
day.

At work, on Thursday we were all told by the IT department to reboot our
computers immediately, so the patch could be pushed to all our desktop
machines, one step ahead of the deluge.

This spam virus flood is overwhelming people and IT departments everywhere.
*Something* will give, and soon.