Re: [OM] OT New & dangerous virus;

Subject: Re: [OM] OT New & dangerous virus;
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:38:03 -0700
The last week I've been the guinea pig for my ISP. He is fine tuning
SpamAssassin to run on the whole system. Seems to work like a charm. My
spam/virii is down to less than zero. He's got the filter cranked down
so tight that I have to dig through the trash to get a few keepers that
were labeled as spam. Once we get it sorted out I think it will work
great. It doesn't filter spam by rote rather it uses a point system and
a logic system that allows it to be dynamic. For example AOL messages
are hard to distinguish from spam because of the formatting. And one of
those last digests that was loaded with html triggered the filter. Too
high a percentage of bs ;>). Another reason to post in plain text.  For
your edification here is the analysis of that digest. As this type of
software becomes the norm we will have to compose our messages carefully
if we hope to see them arrive at the destination and not be seen as spam.

mike.

Content preview:  olympus-digest Friday, September 19 2003 Volume 02 :

EMAIL_ATTRIBUTION  (-0.5 points) BODY: Contains what looks like an email
attribution
SATISFACTION       (0.5 points)  BODY: Satisfaction Guaranteed
GUARANTEED_100_PERCENT (0.5 points)  BODY: One hundred percent guaranteed
HTML_MESSAGE       (0.1 points)  BODY: HTML included in message
HTML_00_10         (1.2 points)  BODY: Message is 0% to 10% HTML
QUOTED_EMAIL_TEXT  (-0.5 points) BODY: Contains what looks like a quoted email
text
MAILTO_TO_SPAM_ADDR (0.4 points)  URI: Includes a link to a likely spammer
email address
SUBJ_HAS_UNIQ_ID   (1.3 points)  Subject contains a unique ID
RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM (0.6 points)  RBL: Received via a relay in
relays.osirusoft.com
                   [RBL check: found 252.66.142.139.relays.osirusoft.com.]
X_OSIRU_OPEN_RELAY (2.9 points)  RBL: DNSBL: sender is Confirmed Open Relay