[OM] ( OM ) OT NZ parcel post charges to Aust

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) OT NZ parcel post charges to Aust
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 15:01:05 +1200
Hi Michael

You wrote

> The most expensive postal charges I have ever seen are parcels from New
> Zealand to Australia.  It just across the road but do they know how to
> charge.  I was told that it because NZ Post  has privatised their parcel
> division and it now handled by UDL.  All parcels are hand delivered and they
> all
> go through customs, no exceptions.  I have been stung twice now and NZ is off
> my
> list.  I don't even look.

Who is UDL ? (What does UDL stand for?) I take it they are a courier
company.

How is it that parcels from NZ don't enter the Australian postal system?
Is that what you are saying?

FEDEX and UPS from USA to NZ take all parcels through customs and their
in-house calculations, and the intended recipient has to pay a lot more.

I'm sure NZ residents don't know about this as I think you are saying it.  I'm
prepared to make a public / political stink about this. It's bad news.

Please advise a bit more detail

Cheers, Brian