Re: [OM] PenFT prices

Subject: Re: [OM] PenFT prices
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:41:16 -0700
Svein -- I kind of keep an eye on the Pen stuff on eBay, as it comes by on
their Olympus listings... I'll insert my estimates. Of course, this is
*very* much dependent on the condition, and it seems to vary even for items
in similar condition, depending on who's looking (and if I was working...
<g>).

on 9/20/03 12:10 PM, Svein Skjøtskift at svein@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear list,
> Even if this is mainly an OM-list, I dear ask a question related to its
> half frame ancestor.
> Can you help me with some advice please:
> I have been offered a package of Pen F/FT and is very confused about what
> price is right. I have a nice, but small collection myself, and most of
> this package would fit nicely in. I am confused about what would be the
> right price for this. I have seen Skip's list of ebay auction prices, but
> have had the feeling the prices have dropped the last years.
>
> The package consists of:
> Olympus PEN F Body
Just the body I estimate $80 to $125 depending on condition mostly
> Olympus PEN FT Body
Just the body I estimate $120 to $150, again depending on condition and if
the meter works well
> Zuiko Auto T 1:2 70mm f2
A fairly rare Pen lens... in good condition with case and caps $250-$300
> Zuiko Auto T 1:3,5 100mm f3,5
A common Pen lens... in good condition with case and caps $75 to $100
> Zuiko Auto W 1:2,8 25 mm f2,8
Another less common Pen lens, in good condition with case and caps $250-$300
> Zuiko Auto S 1:1,8 38 mm f1,8
The most common Pen lens (I think) and in good condition with caps $40 to
$75. No specific case for these, I think they were mostly sold with camera
bodys.
> Zuiko Auto Macro 1:3,5 38mm f3,5
A fairly rare Pen lens... in good condition with case and caps $300-$400
> Microskopadapter
Not familiar with this (actually I think I have one that came with some
other stuff). Maybe $50 or $75...?
> slidecopier
Bellows 1 and Bellows 2, with or without Camera Slider? The Bellows 2 with
Camera Slider is the 'most fancy' setup, I'd estimate $100-$150 for the
whole setup.
> straight viewer/magnifier
A fairly rare item I think, I've only see a couple on auction in about three
years, I'd estimate in good condition with case $80 to $100
> set of extension tubes
Not common but not truly rare, a complete set with case estimate $50 to $75
in good condition.
> All should be in ex condition, with caps and cases to all lenses.
>
> His price is equivalent USD 1450, but can be lowered a bit. What do you
> think, I'm thankful for every advice!
>
> Kindly,
> Svein

Note that some Pen stuff is getting hard to find at any price, I'd love to
find some lens base caps and some lens caps, some body caps, the right-angle
finder, the magnifier, and a few other bits. I've seen just a lens cap go
for over $20 a few times... it all depends a lot on the presentation and
who's looking.

If you decide that you don't need all this stuff, I'd be interested in the
straight viewer/magnifier. It looks to me like if you can knock off another
$100-$200 you'll have a very good deal. Most of the value is in the three
rare lenses, though the rest of it is always nice to have for completeness.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...

And a few Pen F's... and FT's... and lenses... and stuff...