[OM] ( OM ) OT warning about BAD antivirus program

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) OT warning about BAD antivirus program
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:19:39 +1200
Hi folks

Yesterday I  decided to go looking for an additional antivirus program.

So I used Google, and on the front page of the search was a paid link to

Free Virus Scan (at) www.Stop-Sign.com which will take you to
eAnthology.com

This is a very bad program and there are lots of complaints about it. It is
very
difficult to remove from your computer. For myself, I may have compounded
the problem by cancelling the download it started and deleting a vital file.

(Deleting that file in itself was difficult - Windows Explorer could not do it,
and neither could the DOS *del* command. Eventually the old Windows File
Manager program that I still have did it in a flash).

The program has a mind of its own and seems to interfere with processes.

Stay well clear if you want to sleep peacefully at night.

Brian