Re: [OM] Nope, It missed it by few hundred miles

Subject: Re: [OM] Nope, It missed it by few hundred miles
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 07:26:47 -0400 (EDT)
Moose wrote:
Just for the record, these are not filters in the sense that you mean.
Nobody is trying to take away your spectrum. I have no idea how well or
poorly digital sensors respond to IR or UV, but, whatever the effects of
these filters on the transmission of IR or UV, they are secondary to the
primary purpose of limiting light that oscillates between light and dark
at a high enough frequency to cause aliasing effects.

Me writes:
As far as I know and I am in no means an expert, aliasing occurs when you
oversample.  The broader the spectrum, the harder to control.  All CCD's are
sensitive to IR and UV, but this is cut off by a filter in all professional
cameras...except for the Dima*ge 7, but note that this feature was "fixed" in
the subsequent models at no cost.
How much would it cost to implement a variable filter? Five hundred per body?
Would that be a revolutionary camera?
Sorry I am replying to the first response in the digest from Fri.
Boris