[OM] OM-40 / OM-PC

Subject: [OM] OM-40 / OM-PC
From: "Lama \(Jim L*Hommedieu\)" <jlamadoo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:49:46 -0700 (PDT)
TTL and a fixed shoe count as TWO FEATURES, Chuck!
And don't forget the timer prefires the aperture.  And
the timer pre-fires the mirror.  Heh heh, I'm doubling
up again.  The last 3 features were ALL missing on the
2, 2n, 3, 3T, and 3Ti.  Not bad for an "amateur" body!

Negatives: I actually miss the weight of my 2.
Strange.  The PC meter is more accurate in Auto than
in Manual.

More Positives: Luckily, the Auto mode is very useful
because the Comp Dial is so well thought-out.  It sits
where the ASA dial was on the 1.  (Where the Spotmatic
shutter dial lives.)  The Comp Dial has handy,
oversized labeling (for dim interiors and
over-42-year-old eyes), and I think it even has a
reminder LED +/- in the finder so you don't leave the
Comp dial in play absentmindedly.

Plus, there's a window in the back.  I always set the
EI manually but it's overkill.

Plus, unlike the 3 and 4, the display is long-lived
LEDs not the whimpy, now ya see it- now ya don't LCD
panel.

It may be a double-digit body but it's a USEABLE
double-digit body so I don't feel like a traitor
fitting premium-quality but money-saving non-Zuikos on
the front.

Lama, counting the days till that Kiron 28/2 gets
here....

Chuck noted:
nice properties:
Does TTL flash from a fixed hot shoe, has the
equivalent of a 2-13 screen, has a very secure feeling

rubber grip and ESP mode metering is very forgiving of
backlit situations when in auto mode.