Re: [OM] New E-1 (noise reduction)

Subject: Re: [OM] New E-1 (noise reduction)
From: "C.H.Ling-Accura" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:24:16 +0800
Moose,

Well said! There are lots of discussions about imaging system's quality in
photon, wavelength, film grains, spatial frequency, diffraction limit, film
base fog, bit depth, d-range... For me it is already came to too deep and I
think if you missing one or two parameters your assumption or formula is no
longer valid or unable to provide true representation to real life. Even you
get everything right visual quality is very complicated and in some area
very subjective, it is not a formula can resolve.

I'm more interest on practical things, experimenting and testing the
equipment, the best I will use is a microscope and a CRT monitor to examine
the quality of my photography system.

C.H.Ling