Re: [OM] london pics, now Artist Statement

Subject: Re: [OM] london pics, now Artist Statement
From: "Gary M. Teller" <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:49:10 -0400
Bolty wrote:

<snip>

The only images that I can see that could have been improved slightly are
the image of the person with the doves... crop off the bottom where the
single dove is and is out of the range of DOF

<snip>

Well, Siddiq didn't make any comments to go along with his posting but if he did I imagine it would have been along the lines of:

"In this photo I wanted to illustrate the concept of marching to one's own vision despite the temptation to be lured into the all too common dilemma of whether or not to be fed by humans and thus assimilate ever more so into their world of tamed animals. Note how the commonly despised pigeon, identifiable yet unknown and somewhat mysterious in its blurriness, steadfastly maintains its wildness
while at the same time assuming the appearance and enhanced aura of a dove...."

Sorry Siddiq, I couldn't resist. They're still great pics. I agree with Adam about the cropping. Having an "arteest" for a brother I learned long ago to tread lightly on such matters as artistic concepts and statements. Generally I find most such statements useless unless there is some elaboration about who, what, when, where, how rather than giving me a point of view. To me it's a variant on "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Simplistic? Sure. But if I don't like the piece there ain't no way (disregarding price and space availability) it'll hang on my wall.

Gary (wishing he had a couple of hot KK's to go along with the second cup)