Re: [OM] Nope, It missed it by few hundred miles

Subject: Re: [OM] Nope, It missed it by few hundred miles
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:57:12 -0700
Aliasing is a result of sampling a signal. This appeared when people
began using computers to extract information and to create an enhanced
image often from film (applies equally to sound, photo, electrical
signals, etc but is a property of sampling). You have not shown that
film has aliasing problems. Film does not impose a requirement to limit
lens resolution. It does impose diminishing returns on improvement of
the image.

As another mentioned, randomly spaced samples do not give the same
result that evenly spaced samples do.

-jeff