Re: [OM] Anyone rember Barry's Cameras?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone rember Barry's Cameras?
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:35:37 -0500
I remember Barry's. I interviewed there once. They were looking for a computer programmer with Pr1me Information experience. The main office and store was on Harry Hines in Dallas. Then it got bought out by Wolf. For a while it was Barry's Wolf Cameras, and then the Barry's name disappeared.
The office space at the Harry Hines store became the Wolf outlet.
Lately, they've been carrying Ritz stuff.
The rumor I heard, which differs from the one Gary Lewis heard, was that the owner of Ritz was Wolf's uncle, and when Wolf got into a financial bind, Ritz bought out Wolf. It's still pretty much known as Wolf camera around here. The outlet is still open, and still wants high prices for bodies and lenses. Accessories are priced better.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa

MiamiDolphins1 wrote:

Hey Guys,

I put a book up for bid on ebay and was wondering if anyone out there in
Texas land remembers Barry's Cameras, does  anyone know who bought the
Camera business out, anyone remember John Hayes?

Barry's Cameras business card still stapled to one of it's inside pages with
the name of John Hayes (Sales Representative) 1626 W. Randol Mill Road
Arlington, TX 76012 (214)274-0026, (Metro)285-4885 All great things come to
an end, then become collectibles. Barry's Camera is no longer in business
and pretty much all the camera stores have been purchased or bought out by
Wolf's or Ritz's Camera.

Sam....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2953434605