Re: [OM] Panorama Shots (QTVR) using OM-system

Subject: Re: [OM] Panorama Shots (QTVR) using OM-system
From: Alexander Schrieken <alx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:22:22 +0200
Cc: jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for replying to my post!

> Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:45:10 -0700
> From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] Panorama Shots (QTVR) using OM-system
>
> Try using a cheap "screw on the front of your
> lens" close up lens. They normally result in a
> non flat image plane. With luck it might
> compensate for the curvature of the image you are
> trying to capture. With bad luck it will make it
> even worse.

I don't think I have to compensate for the
curvature of the mirror. The device comes with
special software that 'unwarps' the resulting
image, and makes it into a (QuickTime VR)
panorama.

> An extension tube on a normal lens might also
> work. The macro lenses try to create a flat image
> plane. You want a curved image from the lens that
> compensates the curvature of the mirror.

I might want to use a screw on close up lens so
that I will be able to completely fill the film
with the image of the mirror. How big is the
distortion caused by these lenses?

Regards,

Alexander
the Netherlands