[OM] Agfa chromes

Subject: [OM] Agfa chromes
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:53:18 -0500
I, too, shot a lot of Agfachrome in the sixties and seventies, when it was
their proprietary process, CT18, I think. At that time, the only
alternatives were Kodachrome and Ektachrome X. I used some K25, but I didn't
like Kodachrome 64 much (too much magenta shift then, and now), and
Ektachrome X went really blue. The Agfa had a pleasing warmth, but not a
hint of red or magenta. It had to be mailed to Agfa, and they used the
dreaded paper mounts, but didn't scratch and water spot like Kodak.

I've tried some of the later E6 Agfa films, and I liked them generally, but
combined with the difficulty of getting it and the amazing Provia F, why
bother.

If I lived where it was more available, I might try it more.

Bill Pearce