Re: [OM] Agfa chromes

Subject: Re: [OM] Agfa chromes
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:10:14 +0200
Exactly my experience; Perutz was great when new, but deteriated quickly.
Agfa was warmer than K25, with much more grain, and also deteriated badly
over the years. K25 slides (many 1/2 frame Olympus Pen-D) still look great,
as do K64, but the K25 colour seemed to be a lot more accurate.

Roger Key

John Hudson wrote:

The colour balance of my earliest K25 and K64 slides from the mid 1960s is
as good today as it was when they were processed. I have some Agfa chromes
from the same period  and the colour balance has shifted wildly towards
magenta and blue and some have lost upwards of 800f their colour across
the board. Some artificial light Ektachromes from the early 1970s are, like
their K25 cousins, as good as they were when first processed. Leading the
pack for loss of colour, colour shift and fading are a few remaining Perutz
slides I have from the 1960s. All the slides have been stored in light
proof
containers away from dampness.

John Hudson