[OM] Archival preserver recommendation

Subject: [OM] Archival preserver recommendation
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:40:30 -0400
Wayne lamented:
Can anyone recommend a negative archival preserver, the plastic sheets
that you can slip negatives into and then put into a binder. I bought
some PrintFile negative preservers that hold 7 strips of 5 negatives
(35-7B). I'm actually using them for 35mm slide film. My problem with
this brand is the difficulty I have in sliding the film into position.
I get about 3-4 frames in and the friction makes it difficult to slide
the film the rest of the way. I would like something a bit looser, but
also can be put into a binder for storage. Any recommendations?
I have the same complaint except that I'm using PrintFile 35-6HB pages designed to hold 6 strips of 6. This is after returning the other brand (can't recall which) to the store since it was even worse.

I have finally taken to reaching in from the other side with a spring hook, catching a sprocket hole on one corner and then dragging the negative strip into the holder. This works well in that it gets the negative in place but is frustrating, time consuming and probably not good for scratch free negative life.

There has to be a better way.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA