Re: [OM] Mirror & aperture prefire on OM-F (OM-30)?

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirror & aperture prefire on OM-F (OM-30)?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:25:15 -0700
I see nobody has tried to answer this. On the eSIF, none of the double digit bodies but the OMPC has mirror/apertire prefire. However, on the OM-10 and 20(G), the aperture does in fact prefire with the self-timer. The mirror partially goes up when the self-timer starts and completes the journey at the end when the shutter releases. It looks to me like that last little movement has minimal energy behind it. So if the 30 works like the 10 and 20, it has partial mirror and coplete aperture prefire.

Moose

Alexander Schrieken wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if -- when using the TIMER --
the OM-F (OM-30) lifts the mirror and sets the
aperture before opening/closing the shutter
(to prevent vibration).