Re: [OM] T-32 AC power options - an actual on-topic post

Subject: Re: [OM] T-32 AC power options - an actual on-topic post
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:47:07 -0400
Piers said:
I just recently bought an F.AC Adaptor 2 from a list member. It works just fine.
<snip>
It seems the AC supply can be less than 330V, which means that for use where mains voltage is 120V, all you need is a travel adaptor-transformer for use of 220V equipment on 120V supply, with a bridge rectifier. Sounds a lot cheaper than the Quantum cable needed to connect to the T series flash!
But the problem I was trying to work around was availability of the F.AC Adapter 2/3. Glad you found one. On a longshot, I bought an F.AC Adapter (1) (for QuickAuto 310) since the connector looked the same in the photo. I figured I might be able to can the power supply end and use the cable. The plugs are similarly shaped but the QuickAuto 310 connector is substantially smaller than the T-32.

Anybody need an F.AC Adapter (1)?

Chuck Norcutt
5 Diana Drive
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA