[OM] He shoots, he scores!

Subject: [OM] He shoots, he scores!
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 15:04:05 -0400
I do not have a final verdict yet, but I THINK I have made a pretty good score
on an OM-2 kit with 50mm f1.4 and brown never-ready case.  I bought it at The
Bay, er, no, not really THE Bay (CDN content), the one in the ether... (item
2951954780).  Does the price make bring out the fangs?  (Or whatever the
expression is?  My expression with an OM buddy is "oink", or "slim", "pond
scum", etc.)

I think the interest was low because the seller did not make any claims about
the camera, no testing whatever.  But I figured that if I could snag it with a
low maximum bid, it was worth the chance.

The never-ready is in beautiful condition, perhaps one small mark that is
barely noticeable.  The 50 1.4 is, of course, not the supreme Zuiko 50mm, but
it is in great condition except that the blades SEEM a little slow.  Not sticky
at all, but slower than my 21 f2 and others.  I have shot some TX and made
records, so we'll see if the blade opening or return is a problem.  In any
event, I may unload this lens.

But the real prize is the body.  Mint- or EX++ at the worst.  Having been in
the case at all times (and coming from an estate), I would say very few rolls
have gone through it.  In shooting a test roll, I used a Autometer III F to
check meter readings, and everything seemed fine.  It was an overcast day and
there was very little variation in exposure.  Now all that's left is to
remember how the heck I processed TX (rated at 200) in HC-110 ... dilution,
time, temp, etc., so I can examine negs.

Earl aka Canoeman