Re: [OM] Holiday in Maine in August 2004

Subject: Re: [OM] Holiday in Maine in August 2004
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:07:39 -0400
I assume you'll be on the coast. Make sure you get up to Mt. Dessert,
the National Park there, and Bar Harbor. Bar Harbor is pretty touristy,
but definitely get to Southwest Harbor on Mt. Dessert Island; classic
coastal Maine. The drive around the national park has some great spots
to shoot rugged coast, crashing waves, etc. And if you can deal with it,
dawn from the top of Mt. Cadillac is spectacular - it's the highest
point on the U.S. east coast - actually on the coast - and it's the
first place the sun hits each morning.

Also on the coast - Blue Hill, Deer Isle, Stonington, all of which are
within an hour of Mt. Dessert...Lovely villages...Actually, pretty much
anywhere on Penobscot Bay is worth a stop....