Re: [OM] E-1 OM lens adapter.

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 OM lens adapter.
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:04:45 -0400
I think they listed it in the dealer area of the site knowing it would leak
out.  It is an inexpensive marketing research tool.  The question being
researched is "What will be the incremental sales of E-1 bodies and accessories
if we offer this?"  I.e., how many more units as opposed to "forcing" people to
buy a Zuiko Digital lens?  My guess is that any professionals who have used OM
and still have good Zuiko lenses would pop for an E-1 body just to try it out,
then make a final decision.  It's not that expensive compared to the upper
echelons of C* or N*.  If they decide not to go with more of the system,
selling it off won't be that difficult.

Earl aka Canoeman