Re: [OM] Olympus Pen D: strange viewfinder

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Pen D: strange viewfinder
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:11:35 +0800
It is a Pen D with D3 lens, I didn't know that when I bought the camera. I
think it is a good combination, the Pen D need no battery to operate and
with a larger apertuer D3 F1.7 lens.

I have disassembled the camera and clean it once, can't remeber how many
elements inside the viewfinder but usally it is two to three.

It is fun to shoot with this all manual camera, I usually first estimate and
set the distance and then adjust the aperture and shutter, set the shutter
to minimum holdable and get as much DOF as possible, since it is not so easy
to estimate the distance accurately. There are a few Pen D shots in my web
page below:

http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/Pen1.htm

C.H.Ling