Re: [OM] [OT] Holiday in Maine in August 2004

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Holiday in Maine in August 2004
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:28:53 -0700
Nope, look at the lake on a map, it's shaped sortta like a ..a ... Moose Head. At least that's what the natives told me. There are certainly lots of Moose around it, but they are all over the State. All the Moose we saw were on land. the trip on the 1940s Mahogany Cris Craft was lovely, but we didn't see any Moose in the lake. Maine is a very photogenic place. We didn't og to any of the places bd suggested. My SO used to live in Maine and said they were all too touristy in July. We visited other of those granite fingers that stick out into the Atlantic and they were picture postcard lovely. They were also closer to Portland than the more famous stuff.

Moose

Regan Conley wrote:

Further west is Moose Lake, named for, well, all the moose in the area. Deep in the woods, heaps of hummingbird sized mosquitos, but worth the trip. When I was there we took a boat trip up the lake near dusk to try to see moose coming into the lake to feed. No luck, but the trip was well worth it -- the lake is strangely eerie with old dead trees poking out of the water in small inlets and other things growing out of the water. Your kids will go along for the possibility of seeing moose. As the boats are small they bounce around a bit and the light is low. Take fast film.