Re: [OM] SFX, was can't help myself

Subject: Re: [OM] SFX, was can't help myself
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 06:23:10 +0100
I have decided to have my SFX developed by Colab, rather than wait for me to finish the kitchen (or wait for the plumber to come and connect the sink!). Would everyone recommend that I ask for a clip test, at extra cost?

The reason for my question is that the SFX is 2 years out of date - it cost 50p each. According to Roger Hicks, in his book "Perfect Exposure", film loses a stop a year, although he accepts that modern film, properly kept, should be better than that. Any advice?

Doro, I would *love* to fly in a speedy aircraft now that I am stuck in the moped of the skies, a German Grob light aircraft. Every time I dream of times gone by I think of 2 examples: racing a B1 at low level across the Nevada desert as we egressed the target area (Nevada contains a vast bombing range with simulated defences) - the B1 let us win; and flying at 100ft down the beautiful Harp Lake in Labrador/Quebec (I was always confused as to which province). Halcyon days!

Chris