[OM] Hurricane Juan update

Subject: [OM] Hurricane Juan update
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:48:45 -0300
Hi fellow Zuikoholics,

First of all, I'd like to really thank everyone on the list for all the
great messages of encouragement I've received. Rather than reply to the
messages individually, I thought I'd just send out one update to the list.

Thanks to the NS Power crews working around the clock, I did get power
restored early this morning (I think around 4am). That was definitely
surprising, I wasn't expecting to get power back until at least this evening
or tomorrow. Having hot water back was really nice.

Even more surprising, my cable and internet (cable modem) both came back
later in the morning. The only service I don't have back is telephone but we
didn't even report that until today. The phone company says we should have
that back on tomorrow.

We had to clear a few things out of the freezer but a lot of stuff did
manage to stay frozen so we're not too bad off for food so things are pretty
much back to normal for us.

Thanks again

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx