Re: [OM] Camera shop in Manhattan

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera shop in Manhattan
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 21:37:54 +0100
It may be even worse than that.  Much worse.

I sent Radek privately some pointers to the awesome reputation these people
have earned, but in updating myself for the latest horror stories,
discovered that:

1       Cambridge went out of business in the summer, and their premises are
closed

2       Some of their ex-employees have taken possession of the website and
are using it to sell stock to recover unpaid comp.

3       The website has a banner displaying "our new telephone number",
although the old 1-800 telephone number still appears on subsidiary pages,
together with the old street address.  The website search-stock facilities
do not function.

My conclusion - if you thought buying from Camridge was bad news, you ain't
seen nothing yet.  At least there was someone you could point the finger at
- there isn't any more.

Piers