Re: [OM] old film, chromogenic film

Subject: Re: [OM] old film, chromogenic film
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:41:32 +0100
Absolutely no problems here printing XP2 on B&W paper.  Only slight issue
was finding any grain to focus on... !  Otherwise wonderful results.  And it
had the orangey (sepia-ish ?) shift on the prints from C41 process.

One day soon I'll add some more pages to my site with some of these shots
in.  I'll scan some of the actual prints and put them up instead of scanning
the negs.

Regards,

Jon

<snip>
> There is one use for XP2. Although I'm not a fan of chromogenic film, if
you
> are shooting a scene where there are lots of highlights, that's the
ticket.
> It's almost impossible to vlow out highlights with that film.
>
> I thought ALL Kodak chromogenics included the orange mask. That's what
makes
> printing on color paper easier, and printing on B&W paper nearly
impossible.

> Bill Pearce

</snip>