Re: [OM] John's metering dilema

Subject: Re: [OM] John's metering dilema
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 07:35:44 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 02 October, 2003 05:58 AM

> I *do* think that John needs to get away from the comparison of the 4T
> results with other meters/cameras.  The 4T left to its own devices
produces
> good results and only goes "wrong" when set as indicated by a separate
> meter, or when compared to another camera.

......but the control devices I have, namely my Sekonic L508, the Leica MR
meter on my M3, the TTL meter in my M5, the TTL meter in my Nikkormat, and
the meter in my Mamiya 7II are all pretty much in agreement when it comes to
taking an exposure reading. I should also check the meter in my son's now
never used Voigtlander Vitomatic. The last time I checked that against the
Sekonic the results were in very close agreement. I am simply left with the
conclusion that the supposedly recalibrated OM4T metering system is faulty
and should be  CLA'ed again. Also, having to abandon the Sekonic as a
metering device means that I would have to abandon its use as a flash meter.

jh