Re: [OM] John's meter Pt. 2

Subject: Re: [OM] John's meter Pt. 2
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 08:56:43 -0400
> >He tried to explain that the indicated metering differences between using
> >the Sekonic and the OM4T's TTL system resulted from the differences in
the
> >colour temperature sensitivity of the light measuring cells in the two
> >meters.

This part may be bs.  They may have mis-calibrated the camera or there is
another problem.

> >What I think has happened is that the linkage between the exposure
> >information shown in the viewfinder does not match the actual shutter
> speed.

Auto could be correct while lcd reading is wrong.  That's very possible.
Manual meter reading would usually be off the same amount. Spot reading has
a separate adjustment.
Setting the meter for a proper exposure on manual then switching to auto
should yield the same shutter speed for that f stop (or atleast within 1
blinking "-" either way)

John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714