Re: [OM] OM to E-1 adapter - a slightly different reply from Tokyo

Subject: Re: [OM] OM to E-1 adapter - a slightly different reply from Tokyo
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:36:44 -0700
I was saying that the E-1 zooms won't have any real competition from OM
zooms. The wider low end of the E-1 zooms versus the OM lenses is a real
plus. There isn't any reason for Olympus not to release the adapter out
of fear of lost sales of the zooms.

I realized afterwards the OM zuiko 50mm f2 might compete with the
digital macro. The digital macro probably wouldn't loose many sales
because of the OM 50mm f2 nor OM 50mm f3.5  ... the 90mm f2 would seem
like a more likely lens to want to put on the E-1.. If the close focus
of the zooms isn't good enough owners would probably get the digital
50mm f2. The claim that the E-1 teleconverter works with all of their
digital lenses could take away a lot of incentive to want to use the
90mm f2.

They probably don't expect to sell very many 300/2.8 lenses. Other than
the autofocus, I think the Tamron might be a good alternative to the
digital 300/2.8. I was surprised the 300/2.8 is the lens that interested
Bill the most. He has a good selection of Tamrons. I understand the
appeal of "600/2.8" but the Tamrons might get you there.

-jeff