Re: [OM] OT, Fame at last - perhaps ;-)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT, Fame at last - perhaps ;-)
From: fred42@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:37:55 -0400
They are ratios of magnification. If you have 1:1 the image on film is the same
size as life. 1:2 half size and so on. The 50mm f2 I have is capable of 1:2,
but if you add a 25mm extension tube it goes up to 1:1. The lens is scaled with
focus distance like other lenses and a ratio scale that runs along side it. If
you put it or another lens on a bellows unit you go even further with
magnification possibilities.

Depth of field is then a big issue so using small apertures is a must.

Dan S