Re: [OM] John's metering dilema [now OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] John's metering dilema [now OT]
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:20:02 +0100
<pedant>

Actually, if Poirot said it, I think he must have been quoting from "The
sign of four", which neither Agatha Christie nor Dorothy L. Sayers wrote,
but Arthur Conan Doyle did, thus:

"You will not apply my precept," he said, shaking his head. "How often have
I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains,
HOWEVER IMPROBABLE, must be the truth? We know that he did not come through
the door, the window, or the chimney. We also know that he could not have
been concealed in the room, as there is no concealment possible. Whence,
then, did he come?"
"He came through the hole in the roof," I cried.

</pedant>

Piers

<you thought that was pedantic?>

PS Wimsey without an "h" please.