Re: [OM] TOPE 15 Shooting Window Nearing End

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE 15 Shooting Window Nearing End
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:01:22 +0200
Hi John,

> Olafo hasn't said much recently . . .

Olafo has been very busy recently . . . ;)

> Just looked at the calendar this evening and remembered the TOPE 15
> (Landmarks) shooting window closes Tuesday next week (30 September) . . .
> which means this weekend is the last one to snag a landmark
> photograph.  I expect he'll probably post something in the next few days
about
> submissions.

Indeed you're right!
It's that time of the TOPE season: ya'all can send in submissions and the
initial launch will take place around October 16th.

Then.... There was a good reason why I've been too busy with other matters.
I guess (and hope!) no one has noticed anything, but with (AFAIK) zero
downtime I've migrated TOPE from Hostway (in Perl version) to my own FreeBSD
server (in a PHP version). In the process of doing so I made a few small
optimisations to the scripts as well.

Now... With everything running in PHP I can much easier make updates to the
scripts as well (if desired). At present enough time went into setting up
the machine and migrating various sites of mine to it, so I left the TOPE
lay-out as-is, but perhaps in the future I'll play around somewhat with it.

Good, now if only I can someday find the time again to actively participate
in the discussions on the list...

Oh well, regarding the list, for now I'll just have to limit myself to TOPE
related matters...

Cheers!
Olafo