Re: [OM] Sigma 70-210 F2.8 APO lens problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma 70-210 F2.8 APO lens problem
From: "Danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:43:11 -1000
In the meantime get a Tamron 80-200 2.8 ;)
XDan

Well, there certainly seems to be no infinity focus problem (though
looking like there's no problem and there actually being no problem are
two different things) and the lens is *really* smooth. In fact, it
looks and feels brand new. The Sigma is a two-touch, that's really
about the only reason I've looked for one for so long. I've never been
a big fan of one-touch zoom lenses, even when they don't seem to creep.
As far as image quality, I've never read anything about this particular
lens. There really don't seem to be many of them out there. I've been
watching eB*y for quite a while and have never seen one until now. This
is kind of a husky lens, though. I wasn't really expecting it to be
quite as huge as it is. With the shade on it looks like a Saturn V...

I just got off the phone with Sigma and they said that they are going
to have to send to Japan for a new front lens element and that it may
take a while. I'm going to go ahead and send it to them. It may be
months before I see the lens again, though...