Re: [OM] New E-1 & gravity

Subject: Re: [OM] New E-1 & gravity
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 00:44:07 +0100
Although one of the best things about all traditional camera systems (esp.
Olympus) is that if you don't need one of the units, you can just leave it
at home, whereas 'modern' camera systems force you to carry the whole
blinkin' lot all the time.
Since I need motor drive less than 50f the time, and autofocus 00f the
time, I would regard any permanent weight incurred to provide these or
equivalent services as deadweight. I would also regard any cost as wasted.

Hmmm Why do I have so many motors, winders and a 35 - 70 AF???? Good job I
can stop any time I want!

There was a brief flurry of correspondence in AP a little while back about
"small cameras for everyday". Since it got triggered by a retrospective on
the RC, Oly got quite a few mentions. All favourable IIRC.

Julian