Re: [OM] 2-13 Screen

Subject: Re: [OM] 2-13 Screen
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 20:41:46 -0700
Boris Grigorov wrote:

Moose wrote:
...Thus, I believe you already have a 2-13 screen in your OMPC. Will that make
it easier to sleep at night? :-)...

Have to tell you that for a moment I felt left out, but now I feel again that I
belong.
I have a follow up question, though:
See what the eSIF says about this screen:
...When a lens with a maximum speed of F5.6 or slower is used, the prism
darkens and the focusing must be made on the matte area....
I do not remember my prism ever darkening..............

Have you tried it with a lens with a MAXIMUM aperture of f5.6 or slower? An f2.8 lens set at f11 is still viewed through the viewfinder at f2.8, and won't darken. To see the effect through the viewfinder, press on the DOF preview button when set at a small aperture. Actually, the darkening of split image prism and microprism collar is also somewhat dependent on the focal length, happening more with wider and longer lenses. It gets harder to use with my 150-500/5.6 as it is zoomed out.
Does it still qualify for 2-13?

Sure

Moose