Re: Vivitar 19-35; was [OM] Seeking advice for fall color trip

Subject: Re: Vivitar 19-35; was [OM] Seeking advice for fall color trip
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 21:04:56 -0700
Same story, mine has seen modest use, but I've been pleased with everything I've taken with it, at least technically. I'm not as at home with wide angle as tele, so I won't speak to composition/artistic quality. Also, I can't say much about linearity one way or the other from my limited experience. I'm quite happy with it and consider the light weight a plus in the camera bag. Takes a big filter. Focuses in the same direction as Zuikos. Also sold as Phoenix in the US, at least, and Cosina in Europe and maybe other markets other than the US.

Moose

Greg McGrath wrote:

Charles,

I haven't burned a tremendous amount of film through mine, but I've been
pleased with the results, overall. It's a lightweight, plastic bodied lens,
and some don't like it because they say it feels "cheap."