Re: Vivitar 19-35; was [OM] Seeking advice for fall color trip

Subject: Re: Vivitar 19-35; was [OM] Seeking advice for fall color trip
From: Charles Sdunek <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 16:50:16 -0400

I've seen the Phoenix lens. If it the same thing I would go that route and save another 10-20 bucks. I don't shoot a lot of wide angle myself. The wides I have is an old Vivitar 28/2.5 which is a monstrously heavy thing. If I could cover the 19-35mm range with one lens, I might set the 28 aside when packing light. I nearly always carry the Zuiko 35/2, 50/1.8, 85/2, and 135/2.8, along with a 2x converter. The vivitar zoom is cheap and light, like you said, but I am not hard on my equipment and if it performs reasonably well, it will serve my purpose. I keep thinking about the Zuiko 24mm, but then I still might want to go wider on occasion (Dad's got an 18 or 19 for his nikon we picked up an camera show a couple years back that I was really impressed with when we took our last photo vacation trip we try to do each summer) I'd like to be able to get into this range without the money spent for a good prime.

Thanks for your comments,

Charles