Re: Vivitar 19-35; was [OM] Seeking advice for fall color trip

Subject: Re: Vivitar 19-35; was [OM] Seeking advice for fall color trip
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:55:26 -0400
Here is one more alternative.  Sigma lenses are generally not known for superb
sharpness.  The exception is the 24mm f2.8 .  If I
recall, Photodo rated it a "4" which is better than they graded the Zuiko 28/2
and that score is vastly superior to any other Sigma
on that site.  Anyway, my Sigma 24 is amazingly sharp.  It's beyond sharp.  The
image on the focussing screen seems liquid,
continuous in some way that only my Series1 90 duplicates.

Because Sigma isn't known to produce top quality stuff (generally) I was able
to Fang mine on ebay for $30 (no hood, no case, no
filter).  I don't recommend it because it's cheap; I recommend it because it's
superb.  The fact that it's cheap is a bonus.

It's also possible that everyone else was sleeping because it was listed as
"Sigma for Olympus" and didn't say "OM" in the title
anywhere.  I'm much happier with this Sigma than with the Zuiko 28/2.  Maybe I
had a bad example though because so many others swear
by the 28/2.

Lama