Re: [OM] Repro ratios, was Fame at last - perhaps ;-)

Subject: Re: [OM] Repro ratios, was Fame at last - perhaps ;-)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 18:31:53 -0700
Earl Dunbar wrote:

Moose,

In your opinion, does the 50mm f2 macro have better bokeh

Not a clue.

, and is it worth the extra $$.

Not to me, so I've never had one.The 50mm work I do, making slides, is all done at small stops for optimum lens performance and DOF, where lighting is fine and I don't get any advantage from extra speed. For other macro work, I like longer focal lengths, like the 135/4.5, and Kiron 105/2.8. I don't have the 90/2 either, too much money for no or very little percceived advantage and an increase in weight.

Moose

 I realize this is subjective.

You bet ya.

Moose