[OM]

Subject: [OM]
From: "Radovan Faltus" <faltus@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:15:55 +0200
Hi Zuikoholics,
  just this weekend I designed and made
DIY control pack, cause i couldn't stand to not try
all the functions of my just bought MD2,
Tim Huges's electric drawing from Mark Dapoz
site was usefull, only there is interchaged
the polarity of batteries, otherwise it works
perfectly. I didn't implemented battery test
cirquit and used two 9V alkaline standard
batteries (550 mAh). The maximum speed with film
loaded is neer to 4.5 fps, which corresponds to
Oly instruction manuals : "max. 5 fps under
optimal conditions with Control grip" (and probably
alkaline batteries) - much "harder" AA batteries.
    If i use NiMh (200 mAh) batteries it will
maybe a bit increase the speed, cause the internal
resistance of NiMh b. use to be lower than Alkaline b.
in spite of the capacity is lower.

   Can somebody tell me if his MD2 with
Control Pack 1/2  reaches 5 fps (@ shutter speed higher than
 or equal 1/500)?   There are 1/3AA
NiCd cells in C.P. with (If i'm right) 200 mAh capacity,
so I can make some conclusion for usage of
rechargeble batteries. (two now available 8.4 V/ 200 mAh
NiMh batteries should give higher power than
12 1.2V alias 14.4V/ 200 mAh Nicd battery)

My "DIY CP3" with alkaline batteries should
stand 2-3 times longer than CP2 and weights only
170g incl. batteries.

I didn't understand exactly the function of CP because
of no knowledge of MD1/2, so i would like to ask
Tim if there is a RC timer which restricts a shooting
frequency, so i could theoretically adjust him for
higher speed?

Thanks,
 Radek