Re: [OM] Repro ratios, was Fame at last - perhaps ;-)

Subject: Re: [OM] Repro ratios, was Fame at last - perhaps ;-)
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 23:43:40 -0300
on 7/10/2003 22:01, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> You're kidding ;-). I paid $50 for a new 65~116, then I bought John its
>> tripod collar...
>>
> That's a Fang. I paid $94 for a nice mislabeled one on the 'Bay and
> thought I'd done well.
Yes !! That was a FANG, but remember 50 is a lot of money here since July
2002. Thanks Mike who encouraged me to make the purchase despite I had no
macro lenses to fit it with.

>> In fact, its the OM 2 and the tube hanging from the zoom. And it doesn't
>> bend if you're careful enough.
>>
> Aaauuugh! You sure don't want to bend the 65-116 very much. You should
> consider a piece of metal extending from tripod to the tripod mount on
> the 65-116. Mount tripod to lens through a hole in the new support,
> spare 1/4-20 screw through another hole and into 65-116 mount.

Good advice, Moose; really good advice. Thank you very much. So far I
haven't extended it very often. It's useful enough at 65mm, but still
experimenting.

Rgds,

Fernando

PS: if you have one, do try the 85~250 with the 65~116. With proper
lighting, you might be surprised. If not, tell me I was wrong.