Re: [OM] Demise of a Landmark

Subject: Re: [OM] Demise of a Landmark
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:20:05 +0100
Bernd and Hiller Becher didn't think so, or if they did they appreciated the ugliness. Gas towers were one of the subjects of their studies of industrial architecture. See the book at:

http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?sid=416CE4B4-7698- 4BD5-8831-105E9C447A5D&ttype=2&tid=4702

They were "one" of the photographers included in the Tate's recent Cruel and Tender exhibition. While their photos wouldn't pass the 'would I want that on my wall?' test, they did have some kind of austere appeal.

James