Re: [OM] ( OM ) E1 on the Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) E1 on the Bay
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 17:09:18 -0500
Yes, In Japan there are many stories of people buying items such as the modern
Nikon S3 and various Leica esoterica and placing them in their vaults.  When
it's time to sell, they are x-rayed to verify the contents and sold still
wrapped in their virgin plastic to the next collector.

Don't you thing that most manufacturers intended their cameras to be used, not
admired from afar.  Mind you, I'm not talking about gold-plated cameras.

As far as buying anything new on Ebay like an E-1 DSLR, that would be the LAST
place that I'd ever go.  Why would you do that?  I can't believe that anyone
would be so hard up for a CAMERA that they'd risk dealing with some of those
new-equipment slimeballs.  Wait for your local guy or B&H to get it in so that
you can actually feel it.

Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost