Re: [OM] Sigma lens problem- 180 Macro now.

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma lens problem- 180 Macro now.
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:37:29 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/03 2:06:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
miadolphins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Gary,
>
>  How did that Sigma lens perform? Were the colors crisp and sharp?
>
>  Sam...

Hi Sam,
Are you talking about the Sigma 70-210 F2.8 lens or the 180F2.8 Macro? I own
the 180 F2.8 Macro and one of the other Garys owns the 70-210 F2.8 zoom. The
180 macro is very sharp. It's an internal focus lens that focuses to 1/2 life
size. The tripod collar is located very near the front of the lens and the lens
is quite heavy, about 1200 grams. The front filter is 82 mm. The lens is very
easy to focus even near infinity. I bought the lens because it was cheap, a
long macro, and internal focusing. It's a keeper that doesn't get used near
enough due to it's weight. You're used to carrying that 350 Zuiko around on the
sidelines so this lens would feel light!

Gary Faulkenberry