[OM] FS: Vivitar 19mm f3.8 (OM mount of course)

Subject: [OM] FS: Vivitar 19mm f3.8 (OM mount of course)
From: Dylan Sutton <dsutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:19:16 +1000
Hi List,
Having recently acquired a Tamron 17/3.5, the time has sadly come to part
with my Vivitar 19mm f3.8.
A search of list archives will turn up generally favourable reviews, which
is why I bought it. I have been very happy with its performance and
perspective, and it is very "zuiko like" in size and weight at a teeny 205g
including (generic) front and rear caps. I'm only selling it because I can't
justify owning 2 superwides to my better half, or carry two for most of the
activities I like.

Lens is in great shape, the multicoated glass is totally clean, no
scratches, dirt or "cleaning marks" on any surface. The construction of the
lens body is metal except the focusing ring.
The metal is showing though the paint in a couple of tiny sharp edges on the
aperture ring but there are no dents or scratches anywhere on the lens body.
The lens takes a 62mm filter size (no filter included), and there are no
burrs or dings in the filter ring. I have never mounted a filter to this
lens, and it doesn't look like the previous owner did either.
Focusing is smooth and free of play. It focuses in the same direction as a
Zuiko, and is marked in m and ft.
F-stop adjustment is likewise smooth, but the detents are a bit harder than
on most of my zuikos and tamrons. The aperture (5 blades) is snappy and the
blades are clean. The aperture made by the blades is also more symmetrical
than on my 5 bladed tamrons (24/2.5 and 17/3.5).
I can email pictures of the lens to any interested buyer.
A couple of shots taken with the lens can be found at
http://dylansweddingpage.tripod.com (the first two) - I can email lots more
but my normal tripod sites are out of storage.
The serial # is 97112190.

I paid A$290 for this lens about 2 years ago, I am asking A$230. This is for
lens, 3rd party front and rear caps only, no filters, hoods or cases. I
guarantee to pack well and ship promptly. For an international list member I
would add actual shipping/insurance, but offer no questions asked money back
including freight if lens not as described. For Aussie listmembers with
regular posting history I would send registered mail for no extra charge
(insurance at your option), same right of return of course (Sorry Kiwis,
I've been burned by your post losing things and not coughing up on insurance
so you will have to count as "international" instead of East-islanders).
Payment by australian postal money order, $A bank cheque, electronic
transfer, western union or cash in $A or $US at the current exchange rate
are acceptable.

If you think the price is out of line, please let me know. I'm going by what
I paid, and a price of $125 for an 8+ condition example quoted by Monaghan's
cult 3rd party site.

First come, first served, if no takers by Tue 14/10 it goes on evilbay. I'll
be off-line until Monday local time, but promise to look at requests in the
order they arrive (unless your name is Danrich and you come from Hawaii, in
which case your message goes straight to the trash and stays there until
deleted).

Thanks

Dylan