Re: [OM] Tokina 80-200 f/2.8 value / Dif.models

Subject: Re: [OM] Tokina 80-200 f/2.8 value / Dif.models
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:14:09 -0700
Angel Lobo wrote:

Moose, You talk about "old model".

I have front pictures of the AT-X 80-200 2.8 with the serial number 82xxx,
83xxx, etc, but I have see too one lens with serial number 320xx.

Are there old and new versions of the AT-X 80-200  f 2.8 ?

Sorry for any confusion. For greater precision with non-native English speakers, I should have said 'no longer in production for some time' rather than just 'old'. I was not making a distinction between old and new versions. I'm not aware of more than one version of this lens, at least in MF mount, although that doesn't mean such a thing may or may not exist.

I do know that there must have been 2 versions of the AT-X 35-200, as I bought a hood for mine that doesn't fit and then another, different one, that does. If anybody needs an AT-X 352N (the 'N" is the critical difference) hood, I can make you a good deal. It clips on rather than screwing in.

Can somebody say something concerning the color rendition of theese lenses?
Almost all the lenses AT-X I have render warm-calid  pictures.

I just don't know. I have shot almost exclusively color negative film since before I got this lens, so subtle color casts are corrected by the printer or my scanning and digital darkroom process.

Moose