[OM] viewfinder magnification

Subject: [OM] viewfinder magnification
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 04:47:48 -0700
"I have never seen a E-1 but Olympus spec. mentioned it is 0.96x with 50mm
(100mm equ.) lens, how can it be as large as our OM which is 0.85x (OM4)
with 50mm lens?  Not the mention the super big OM1n/2n screen."

Viewfinder magnification is set by the overall optical design of the
viewfinder system. It is not determined by any one component, such as the
size of the focusing screen or the lens's focal length.

The OM-1 does not have a "super big" screen. It is small by comparison with
SLRs of 40 years ago, and modern SLRs have even smaller screens.